domingo, 11 de noviembre de 2012


3rd semester                    HOMEWORK  from Monday 12th to Tuesday 13th

  • Copy the statements and questions on your notebook. Handwritten activity.


1. Dr. Jekyll developed a Dual Personality formula in order to..................................
........................................................................................................................
2. Mr. General Director conducted video surveillance of the scientists because..........
........................................................................................................................
3. As soon as Doris met Mr. Hyde ………………………………….............................
4. Mr. Hyde was both handsome and…………………….........................................
5. Mr. Hyde tried to persuade Doris to give him Dr. Jekyll’s formula but………………..
........................................................................................................................
6. Dr. Smith decided to steal Dr. Jekyll’s formula and...............................................
.........................................................................................................................
7. Dr. Smith and Thomas didn’t know the exact amount of drug one had to drink, so
........................................................................................................................
8. Dr. Jekyll realised his formula was too dangerous and………....


1. What does Mr. Hyde need to find?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
2. Who has created The Dual Personality formula?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
3. What is the effect of the formula?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
4. Did Dr. Jekyll give Doris a box to hide?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
5. Why doesn’t Doris want to speak about the formula?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
6. Does Mr Hyde want to wait for Dr. Jekyll?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
7. Does Mr. Hyde really want to dance?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………



3rd semester                    HOMEWORK     from Tuesday 13th to Wednesday 14th

  • Copy them on your notebook and look up their meaning. Handwritten activity.


FORMULA
ANTIDOTE
STEAL
DIRECTOR
SIMULATE
DEAL
SCREEN
IMPOSTOR
AMOUNT
TWIN
RESULTS
RESEARCH
LABORATORY
ASSISTANT
TRANSFORM
PERSONALITY


  • Copy the text and leave the blanks as they are on your notebook. Handwritten activity.



“Last Monday I(1.receive)……..…… a video message from Mr. General Director. He (2.
look)…………… really impatient and (3.ask)…………….. me for immediate results. That
night I (4.work)…………… until late in my laboratory and I (5. find)…………… the
missing ingredient to create the Dual Personality formula. Doris, my assistant, (6.tell)
………………. me she (7.be)…………….. impressed. I (8.write)…………….. in my diary
all the ingredients, (9.hide)……………… it in my secret drawer, and (10. go) …………..
home. The following day when I (11.arrive)………..……., I (12.realise) …...… Doris was
acting strangely absent-minded. She (13.forget)………….. to bring me my morning
coffee and then she (14.drop)…………… all the test tubes on the floor. When I (15.ask)
………….. her what (16.be)……………. wrong, she (17.confess) …….…….. that my
twin brother had been here. She (18.add)……..….: “He (19.search) ……………. around
the place and (20.ask)…………… me where your diary (21.be) …………... He was so
polite and (22.look) .................. so handsome..." I (23.forbid) ……………. her to speak
about my diary to anyone, even to my own brother. Oh, how I hate my evil self!"
Dr. Henry Jekyll

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario