lunes, 5 de noviembre de 2012

5th semester HOMEWORK


Homework from Tuesday 6th to Wednesday 7th  
Fill in with one word from the box. There are more than you need.
   tone     course    words     advertised     abilities     qualities     at      experience    for    rejected
When writing a letter of application for a job or a ………………….. of study, it is important to include only the information that is relevant to the particular job you are applying for. It is also important to use exactly the right ……………, otherwise the application will be ………………… . Typically, such letters contain some or all of the following.
v  The name of the job/course you are applying for
v  Where you saw it ………………………
v  What you are doing now
v  What work ……………………. you have
v  Your academic qualifications
v  The personal ………………………….. which make you suitable……………. the job or course




Homework 2 from Wednesday 7th  to Thursday 8th
Look of the pair of sentences below and, in each case say which sentence is more appropriate for a letter of application, giving reasons.
1.               
A)     I am writing to you in the hope that you might possibly find the time to consider my application for the post of Senior Lecturer in your college.
B)      This letter is in support of my application for the position of Senior Lecturer advertised in the June edition of Education News.
2.               
A)     I feel that, over the last five years, I have gained a valuable insight into the skills required of this job and, as a result, I believe that I have a great deal to offer.
B)      I have a lot of experience that might interest you and I think I could do the job you are offering without any trouble at all.
3.               
A)     At school, I only managed to get three GCSEs because I wasn’t very interested in the subject.
B)      I attended Compton Grange High School, where I successfully completed three GCSEs.
4.               
A)     In my spare time, I have also taken a course in computers in order to bring my skills up to date.
B)      I realized that anybody knows about computers these days so I took a course in them to give me a better chance of getting a job.
5.               
A)     In my present job, I often have to put documents away, as well as sell things and keep customers happy.
B)      My duties in my present job include filling, handling cash and dealing with members of the public.




Homework 3 from Thursday 8th to Friday 9th
Read Nancy’s letter of application to Worldwatch. Put one word into each gap.
17 Hillside Rd
Chesswood
Herts. WD3 5LB
Tel 01923 747346
Fax 01923 859485
Thursday 17th November
David Benton
Worldwatch UK Ltd
356 Ferry Rd
Basingstoke RG2 5HP


Dear Mr. Benton


I saw your …………………………………….. for a Business Journalist in today’s Guardian newspaper. I am very …………………………….. in the job and I think that I have many of the necessary ……………………. .
I ………………………… politics and modern languages at Oxford University. I am ………………….. in French, German and Spanish. I have ………………… widely in Europe and South America, and I ………………………. Worked as a business journalist for the BBC ………………. The last five years.

I enclose a copy of my curriculum vitae. I look forward ……………. Hearing from you soon. Please let me know if you need more information.



Your sincerely

Nancy Mann

Nancy Mann


  

Homework 4  from Friday 9th   to Monday 12th
Write a letter of application for the following job in the Daily News.
It must be typed, printed and write your full name and the delivery date. You can use a recyclable sheet of paper.    =D
Trans-globe
Coaches
Want
Travel couriers
In Europe the far East North and South America

Have you got good interpersonal skills?
Can you speak two or more languages?
Do you want to see the world?

Please apply with CV to

The Personnel Manager
Trans-Globe Coaches
Victoria Square
London SW16VC

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario